Welcome back, friends! This time we are joined by Joe of Ramblin’ Leather Goods. Joe has lots of stories to share about his time living on his bike, traveling the west coast selling his hand-made leather goods. He also has some candid tales about recovering from alcoholism and adopting a sober lifestyle. To support this conversation, Just Jacob has mixed for us a trio of absolutely fantastic and flavorful non-alcoholic cocktails.
Topics of this episode include:
- living off a bike for extended time
- running a leather business from a bike
- stories from hopping trains
- bike touring safety tips
- the best dark chocolate for bike touring
- how to use “general delivery” mail without an address
- why we hate the term “mocktails”
- non-alcoholic revival in bars
- social non-alcoholic options for hanging out with your friends
Drop us a line! You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram as “Breakfastpuppy” or email us as either NPC, Justjacob, or DrXanderGerrymander at Breakfastpuppies dot com. We have a Discord Channel and a Facebook Page, too! And let us know your thoughts by leaving a review on iTunes! For even more info and options, check out our main website or our new low-bandwidth alternative feed site.
As always: Rubber Side Down, May your Dice ever roll Crits, Always Drink Responsibly, and Remember to Tip your Bartender (and your dancers and performers)!
Links of Note:
- Warm Showers: https://www.warmshowers.org/
- Hooper Detox Portland: https://www.centralcityconcern.org/services/health-recovery/hooper-detoxification-center/
- 211 Service Line: http://211.org/
- Joe’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ramblin_leather_goods/
- Joe’s Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ramblinleathergoods
- Hosts: NPC, Just Jacob, Dr. Xander Gerrymander, and Poppy Beaujolais
- Guests: Joe of Ramblin Leather
- Theme Song: “Bikers, Dice, and Bars” by Skip VonKuske
- Drink of the Evening: A variety of non-alcoholic cocktails: Lemon Ginger Fizz, Alpine Kiss, A Gentleman in Mangal
- Final Thoughts: 100% serious: if you need our help, we’re here for you.
Timestamps (We support chapters!):
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:00:39 Welcome
- 00:02:48 Living by Bike
- 00:28:56 Mocktails
- 00:41:17 Sobriety and Recovery
- 01:02:03 Last Call
- 01:15:50 Outro