Welcome back for episode 30 of Bikers, Dice, and Bars! This time we brought on our good friend Larry Reading, former proprietor of our favorite now-departed neighborhood local. In our Bike Talk, Xander updates us on his progress beautifying his brand new scooter, which he has christened “the Black Dahlia.” In our nerd talk, Larry teaches us about the history of the charitable Toys for Tots organization, and how to get involved. In our Bar talk, Larry joins us to give a proper eulogy to the recently-departed local, Bottles on Fremont (RIP, Bottles). All the while, we drink delicious and cooling Gin and Tonics, perfect for the current wave of hot summer weather.
Drop us a line! You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram as “Breakfastpuppy” or email us as either NPC, Justjacob, or DrXanderGerrymander at Breakfastpuppies dot com. We have a Discord Channel and a Facebook Page, too! And let us know your thoughts by leaving a review on iTunes! For even more info and options, check out our main website or our new low-bandwidth alternative feed site.
As always: Rubber Side Down, May your Dice ever roll Crits, Always Drink Responsibly, and Remember to Tip your Bartender (and your dancers and performers)!
Links of Note:
- Black Dahlia
- Art by Colt on instagram
- Don’t Be That Guy episode link
- Two Stroke Coffee Portland
- Toys for Tots
- Ninkasi Ground Kontrol Space Beer
- Portland American Legion Post 134
- Wedgehead Pinball
- Pig Sauce Co.
- Hosts: NPC, Just Jacob, Dr. Xander Gerrymander, Poppy Beaujolais, and Linsel Greene
- Guests: Larry Reading of Pig Sauce Co.
- Theme Song: “Bikers, Dice, and Bars” by Skip VonKuske
- Drink of the Evening: Gin and Tonic featuring Beefeater Gin and Fever Tree Tonic Water
- Final Thoughts: Join us this Christmas to help out with the local Toys for Tots at American Legion Post 134!
Timestamps (We support chapters!):
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:34 Welcome
- 03:11 Bike Talk
- 16:09 Game Talk
- 29:31 Bar Talk
- 45:07 Last Call
- 51:19 Outro
- 51:54 Bonus