Hello again, fellow biker nerds! We’re releasing a few days late this time around, thanks to a half-dozen-plus conflicts of scheduling and other life events. This episode was recorded right after the 4th of July celebrations here in the Pacific Northwest USA, and we had a vast quantity of leftover booze on-hand. With Xander being unexpectedly absent due to a new job, we managed to get our good friend Basem from the hilarious Turtle Power Pod to join us in his place, along with our favorite Wannabe Wine Snob, Poppy Beaujolais. Due to the last-minute change-up, this episode is a bit more “off-script” than usual – although we never have a script in the first place so that’s not really anything new!
In our Road Talk segment, Jacob leads us into talk about Summer Rides, including our planned rides of the season and some tips for safety. We then segue into a discussion about fireworks and our country’s bizarre love for them. In our second segment, we wax nostalgic with our love of the great Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise! We close out with eulogy for yet another late iconic Portland bar, The Boiler Room.
Drop us a line! You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram as “Breakfastpuppy” or email us as either NPC, Justjacob, or DrXanderGerrymander at Breakfastpuppies dot com! We have a Discord Channel, Facebook Page, and Google Plus Community, too! And let us know your thoughts by leaving a review on iTunes!
As always: Rubber Side Down, May your Dice ever roll Crits, Always Drink Responsibly, and Remember to Tip your Bartender!
Links of Note:
- Star B Q Rally
- Travis AFB Drone Light Show
- Turtle Power Pod
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movies episode on HMWG Podcast
- Ninja Turtles Comics on Comixology
- Usagi Yojimbo on Comixology
- The Toys That Made Us documentary
- Project Respond
- Oregon Warmline
- Hosts: NPC and Just Jacob
- Guests: Basem from Turtle Power Pod, and Poppy Beaujolais
- Theme Song: “Bikers, Dice, and Bars” by Skip VonKuske
- Drink of the Evening: Leinenkugel Grapefruit Shandy, Kona Hanalei Island IPA, Hamm’s Beer, and Jello Shots (among others!)
- Final Thoughts: No picture of the drinks this time, so here’s a pic of me wielding a FREEDOM FLAMETHROWER on the 4th!
Timestamps (We support chapters!):
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:00:33 Welcome
- 00:04:57 Bike Talk
- 00:25:16 Nerd Talk
- 00:51:31 Bar Talk
- 01:09:41 Last Call
- 01:13:41 Outro
Want to throw us some booze money for future reviews? Follow this link to our Pinecast Tip Jar!