Welcome back, Adventurers! What you’re about to listen to is a 100% randomly generated-on-the-fly comedic role-playing session, actual play featuring actual convention attendees who signed up for the event on the spot. The game mechanics are a system of my own design, initially derived from the simplicity of the ol’ Rules Cyclopedia and modified heavily to allow fast pick-up-and-play from both veteran and newbie gamers alike. It’s very much a classic meat grinder experience, and quite intentionally ridiculous.
This episode is the second of three dungeon parties from an absolutely amazing live-audience session at the recent Wagoncon 2018 event in The Dalles, OR. In this session a brand new party of adventurers rise up from the audience and try their hands (and dice) at surviving a randomly-created dungeon. Will these newcomers meet a better fate than their forebears in episode 1? Listen and find out!
Drop us a line! You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram as “Breakfastpuppy” or email NPC directly as NPC at Breakfastpuppies dot com. We have a Discord Channel, Facebook Page, and Google Plus Community, too! And let us know your thoughts by leaving a review on iTunes!
- HAMMERSMITH: NPC
- Players: Terry as “Elliot Ranger,” Katrina as “The Incredible Salk,” Darrin Starwing as “Donnie McFinkelstein,” and Danny as “Flowerpot Windwhistle”
- Group Name: The Company of the Thorn and Coin
- Dungeon: The Black Hive of Sorrows
- Theme Song: “Chain Lightning” by Gygax
- Additional Music by: Erang
- Game Rules: Available for free on Github!
- Daily Wisdom: Always, always, always bring rope, and don’t skimp on those ten-foot poles either.
Timestamps of Note (we support Chapters!):
- 00:00 Theme Song
- 00:55 Intro
- 01:57 Welcome!
- 02:21 Party Introductions
- 08:39 Enter the Hive
- 16:34 Enter the Ants
- 28:38 Outro
- 30:02 Lesson of the Day
Want to throw us a tip? Every little bit helps pay the bills! Follow this link to our Pinecast Tip Jar!